What goes around, comes around? At least it should. Circularity is the foundation of a sustainable maritime industry, and this has been the ambition for Rustibus since the company was established in 1978. To reach a fully circular value chain and minimize our environmental footprint, we work closely with our suppliers on the R&D side and with our clients on the innovation and onboard customizing side. Delivering premium circularity and sustainability is only possible together with ambitious, conscious, and innovative clients and suppliers.
Products and R&D
Our design and choice of materials makes up the foundation for the long lifespan on our machines and their consumable spare parts. Our focus is on designing, producing, and using products in a way that minimizes impact and waste, and maximizes the value of resources. We constantly consider how our products can be reused, repurposed, or recycled at the end of their life cycle.
About 90% of our machines are sourced from Norway, to ensure that we can monitor and follow up that we deliver top quality to our clients from Head Quarters. The other 10% are sourced locally to our other worldwide locations. This is to save on transport and reduce emission. It is our requirement to secure a sustainable future for the generations to come.
Packaging and Freight
We are moving away from plastic and other non-degradable materials in our packaging and have introduced plastic free wrapping for our machines, spare parts, and consumables. We are sourcing our freight options carefully choosing the most conscious companies, and airfreight is only an option when its urgent for our clients.
Operation – Removal of rust and old paint
We are confident that we serve our customers the best and most sustainable solution for removal of rust and old paint onboard ships. And as we allow for waste collection during operation, we make sustainable maintenance possible for shipowners worldwide.